Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Buffet 101

Building K, San Miguel by the Bay, Seaside Boulevard, SM Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City, 1300, Metro Manila
556-2888, 556-3888


This is my most favorite buffet so far. I'm a big fan of buffets so I decided to try BUFFET 101. 
It is not difficult to find as it is just along Seaside Boulevard of Mall of Asia.



We went there to have lunch and I thought that it wont be that crowded and its a weekday so we did not do a reservation (which I recommend you to do a reservation before going there because there's alot of people even on lunch time). So we waited for around 15 minutes (they were very courteous they made an impression that they care about their customers) and there we have our table. I'm so excited because while waiting i'm examining the interiors of the restaurant.



Great interiors I can say. There is this Hotel-like ambiance. Chandeliers are placed exactly where they should be as it casts the right amount of luminescence in the restaurant. Elegant tables and chairs. Food are presented in a very artistic way. Even the crew are presentable and accomodating (I am very particular with customer service and attitude of the waiter when dining in).


Distances between tables and the hallways are acceptable, less chances of bumping to another customer (unless if you are really big)


There's like around five choices of pasta on the buffet table. I tried this one and I liked the Italian taste of it (What I mean with Italian taste is the salty taste of the pasta. We Filipinos are a big fan of sweet spaghetti same with jolibee so I guess this makes them more 'International Cuisine' buffet)

Here are some of what BUFFET 101 offers: 






Drinks are already included (unlike other buffets they charge you for the drinks).


I asked the crew for a watermelon shake so i waited for it in the shake station, since alot of people are also waiting for their shakes. The waiter offered that he will just be delivering the shakes to our table (ans yes thats customer service, lol if im the waiter i wont bother doing that im busy with other things, but they did it. Good Job!).

What I liked most here is the unlimited Milk Tea. Yes a milk tea not a milk shake. A milk tea costs around 100 pesos (I wont use bucks lol alot of blog writters uses bucks for Philippine currency - Seriously?) and it tastes good. You wont feel that it is a second class milk tea. It really taste like one.


And my favorite part of buffets are desserts!!! yey!








Desserts are nicely done and well presented. Level of sweetness is acceptable. Not too sweet and not lame. Its perfect. And theres alot to choose from.

They even serve hot tea after you eat, that really helps alot for digestion and remove the 'umay' feeling.

 Buffet Rate: 

Lunch
Monday - Friday: 699

Saturday: 799
 Sunday: 1,050

Dinner
Monday - Friday: ₱ 950
Sat - Sun: 1,050

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Buffet-101-International-Cuisine/323539074361420
And please make reservations by calling them on their landline not in the facebook page.

There are some voucher sites that offers discount on buffets so I suggest you better check them once in a while. I found most of them in ensogo.com.ph and dealgrocer.com
http://www.ensogo.com.ph/manila/buffet-101-lunch-dinner-01302013.html


So my overall impression is great. I love the food, the service and the ambiance. I wouldn't mind going back there again. What you pay is really worth it.

I've decided to make my personal rating on each restaurant that I'm going to blog about. So here it is:
1 - Lowest // 10 - Highest
Food: 10/10
Drinks: 9/10
Customer Service: 9/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Value for Money: 8/10

And to be fair I wouldn't  be writing only positive about my subject but also negative. And vice versa ( I wouldn't be writing just negative stuff, lets look for something good)

What I don't like is they don't have enough parking. You will be lucky if you'll fine a vacant parking in front of the restaurant. It's too far if you are going to walk its on the far end side of Mall of Asia Seaside Boulevard.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations.. This is a good start...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thank you. more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what time is the lunch buffet open? and what time does it close? thanks!^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, lunch is open at 11am and closes 2:30pm. I strongly advise to make a reservation 556-2888 / 556-3888

      Delete