Friday, March 15, 2013

Toast Box

G/F Bonifacio One Technology Tower, 31st St, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
toastboxph@gmail.com


Lets have breakfast in a Singaporean way.

Early morning, Since its pay day for most of us. Food chains, Fine dine, and Restaurants are really busy in Bonifacio Global City. The Business District Metropolis is home to Banks, BPO Companies and IT Companies.

Since I am starving and I don't wanna wait in queue or wait long for my order. I saw Toast Box which is not crowded. The place looks nice so I went in there.

I know Toast Box is new here in the Philippines. It is originally from Singapore so a lot of us is not familiar about this restaurant. That is the reason why I think its not crowded or it could be still too early. More advertising and marketing will help alot, on the other hand, the interior looks good. Somehow looks like a vintage colonial dutch theme with an eastern accent. The place is small but its really clean and bright. The glass window is crystal clear, I wonder who cleans it, there's only 3 of them in there. I don't even see the manager (maybe it is still too early).





I looked at the menu, price is quite low compare to other international franchised restaurant.

They have these laksa noodles, curry rice, haianese dishes. Truly Singaporean.

The place is called Toast Box, so im really curious how their toasts taste like.


So we ordered French Toast Set for 160 pesos and Floss Thick Toast Set for 160 pesos also. These includes 2 eggs, kopi or teh (Coffee or Tea). Eggs can either be served as hard boiled or soft boiled. To experience it more Singaporean, I choose to have it soft boiled.


The coffee is great, it has this chocolaty feel. Not your ordinary cup of coffee. Will surely boost your energy.


The French Toast serving is big enough for one person. Tastes good, butter melted on its own so it means that the toast is served hot. It would be better if I have ham and cheese. But its alright, the taste is good.

The Floss Thick Toast, im impressed with it. It is delicious. It tastes like the one in Breadtalk but this is a better version. The sweetness of the floss and the softness of the bread blends perfectly together with the coffee they served. This is a must try toast.


The eggs were eaten soft boiled, I cracked it on top so I can scoop with my spoon the egg white and yolk. I'm too messy eating this, some of the slimy egg whites went to my hands. I just wiped them discreetly.

There is really no customer - staff interaction went on. Just ordered and asked for water and thats it. They serve efficiently (serving fast and efficient are two different things for me). So... ok I'll give them a thumbs up for serving efficient and maintaining the place clean.


Overall impression, I enjoyed my breakfast and Its worth going back. Next time I'll try some laksa noodles and haianese rice.

Here's my rating
1 - Lowest // 10 - Highest
Food: 8/10
Drinks: 9/10
Customer Service: 9/10
Ambiance: 9/10
Value for Money: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment