Sunday, March 10, 2013

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf

Ground Floor Greenbelt 3, Makati City
757-6003

Strolling in Greenbelt and didn't know where to eat. So I decided why not try a dish in a coffee shop? Lets see if they are good not only with coffees but also with dishes.


I don't have my camera ready so I just used my camera phone please excuse me for this. :)




A well designed coffee shop indeed. The brown wooded motif and a bright scattered light. The coffee scent is relaxing. People from all walks of life are also present (Socialites, Social Climbers, People who study in a coffee shop with headsets on, People who takes pictures of themselves holding a frap showing that they are on this particular coffee shop, Koreans, Business woman who works on ledgers and journals, cute yuppies and grandmothers).



So I checked out the menu, saw some pastas and sandwiches. Price is acceptable, I must say that its cheaper compared to other coffee shops.

The Waiter/Barista greeted us with a smile and took our order. I know its part of their job to smile and be perky with customers even though they have bad times, they still need to wear that happy-perky-face-mask. I appreciate it though. It also sets the mood of the customers. I'll give them a kudos for that.


So we ordered Eggs Ben with a cup of hot brewed coffee (Rosemary focaccia bread with cheese, turkey ham, poached egg, Hollandaise sauce, a couple more slices of bread, butter and jam, apricot and prunes) and Spicy Tuna Linguine with Mango Ice Blend.


They have this UFO looking thing. "SEE YOU AT THE PICK UP COUNTER WHEN I LIGHT UP AND BUZZ". First time I saw something like this in a coffee shop  Its good, I don't need to wait in the pickup counter for my order. This is also beneficial to the baristas so they don't need to shout and call the names of the customers with an accent or have it slanged or over enunciate.


The Eggs Ben were amazing, it taste so good. The turkey gave a different taste on it since Filipinos are not that fond of eating turkey. The eggs were buttery tasty, sweet and salty at the same time and has this Greek herb taste because of the rosemary. The apricot and prunes serve with it are fresh! It doesn't taste that it just came from a can from the supermarket.


The Spicy Tuna Linguine, I am surprised with the serving. With the price of 195 pesos, they serve alot. Seems like i'll be full after I finish this. The taste is also surprising, its spiciness is perfect for Filipino taste (Its not Indian spicy or Mexican spicy), Filipino customers will like it. The amount of tuna is alot also, Its not an ordinary tuna, it is made for this pasta. I'll say that it is similar to a Spanish sardine but yes ofcourse its not a sardine (I just remember how disappointed I am when I ordered a sizzling tuna in Padis Point and they served us with a century tuna in a sizzling plate! I won't go back there again its not even sizzling and hot). I enjoyed the Spicy Tuna Linguine.


The Ice Blended Mango, Taste is fine, just perfect for a spicy meal (ofcourse I know a coffee and a spicy pasta wont be a good match). Only bad thing about it is the container, the cup doesn't fit, the mango ice blend is starting to spill on its own, my table got messy and sticky. They gave only two tissues.



Overall experience is good. Customer service is there, ambiance is good, quality and taste of food is definitely worth coming back for and price is reasonable.

Here's my rating
1 - Lowest // 10 - Highest
Food: 8.5/10
Drinks: 8.5/10
Customer Service: 9/10
Ambiance: 9/10
Value for Money: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment